Short answers here; click thru for more depth.
- Will you take our test?
Probably not. Thought June 2012 I'd had the definitive and final experience with this, I can tell you now unless your overall testing/vetting process is an hour or less please just go away.   From this point, if you've read this and are presenting me with a request to take a test, challenge, etc., or perform other unpaid work as a challenge to my competence, I'll assume that you are trolling.
- How many years experience do you have with platform/language/package X?
~40 overall as an IT worker in 2015. As of mid 2012, 25 C and its dialects, 22 relational database, 17 Linux, ~13 web apps, 12 Java, 2 mobile, etc.
- How about references?
Click thru to DIY or email me for those in last 24 mos. I will not give you as a reference without contacting you first.
- How many interests/parties you can work with in paid work?
3. Me, the set of co-workers I'm joining in production, represented by a single interest, and the often implicit end consumer (market/ society / clients / customers) as third.
- On-Site Rate?
In practice since '06 done strictly remote and primarily fixed cost jobbing.
- Will you work without an advance?
Unless the job's smaller than my min piece, possibly. I take it as a distinction between aspirational and real capital that money can freely change hands to engage my labor, and it's standard practice that it be half in a fixed cost job/deal, but I don't generally require that. Generally an advance is normal but I judge each case as presented.
- By further experience did finally reach apodictic certainty, that no matter how tempting the work you have might be for whatever reason, there's no getting around how this casts you and/or your organization as negative and incapable of making basic judgments in IT and in human relations (using just innate understanding). I'd rather not work with that kind of thing, work I do is too hard and too poorly compensation to put up with such stuff. Also check out what Noam Chomsky says about testing about mark 16:00, Bill Gates recent (2013-04) editorial in the NYT on testing, etc.
- Or the kind of person I want to be. I only had the latter day experience by being willing to join what I characterize as negative above.
- There's an appearance rate in the Rate Chart. Cam probably discount/bundle but obviously on-site rate higher than current real remote rate..