Short answers here; click thru for more depth.
- Will you take our test?
- How many years experience do you have with platform/language/package X?
~40 overall as a professional IT worker in 2021. As of mid 2018, 30+ C and its dialects, 30 relational database, 25 Linux, ~20 web apps, 18 Java, 10 mobile, etc. Started in IT @ 19, had pre-professional phase.
- How about references?
Click thru or otherwise DIY. I'm a service worker but not a servant, interested in work experiences not demeaning games.
- How many interests/parties you can work with in paid work?
3. Me, the set of co-workers I'm joining in production, represented by a single interest, and the often implicit end consumer (market/ society / clients / customers) as third.
- On-Site Rate?
- Will you work without an advance?
Unless the job's smaller than my min piece, possibly. I take it as a distinction between aspirational and real capital that money can freely change hands to engage my labor, and it's standard practice that it be half in a fixed cost job/deal, but I don't generally require that. Generally an advance is normal but I judge each case as presented. Ofc I'm willing to share/co-work with peers, have some notions on how to do that.
- Thought June 2012 I'd had the definitive and final experience with this, I can tell you now unless your overall decision/vetting process can be done with a few minutes of my time before you engage my labor, you're wasting your time here. By further experience did finally reach apodictic certainty, that no matter how tempting the work you have might be for whatever reason, there's no getting around how this casts you and/or your organization as negative and incapable of making basic judgments in IT and in human relations (using just innate understanding). I'd rather not work with that kind of thing, work I do is too hard and too poorly compensated to put up with such stuff. Also check out what Noam Chomsky says about testing about mark 16:00, Bill Gates recent (2013-04) editorial in the NYT on testing, etc.
- Or the kind of person I want to be. I only had the latter day experience by being willing to join what I characterize as negative above.
- There was an appearance rate in the Rate Chart, it's pushed down now. Can probably discount/bundle but obviously on-site rate higher than current real remote rate..