Short answers here; click thru for more depth.
- Will you take our test?
Probably not. Thought June 2012 'd had the definitive and final experience with this, I can tell you now unless your testing/vetting process is an hour or less please just go away.  By further experience did finally reach apodictic certainty, that no matter how tempting the work you have might be for whatever reason, there's no getting around how this casts you and/or your organization as negative and incapable of making basic judgments in IT and in human relations (using just innate understanding), in a way that is incompatible with my standards for situations I want to work in. From this point, if you've read this and are presenting me with a request to take a test, challenge, etc., or perform other unpaid work as a challenge to my competence, I'll assume that you are trolling.
- How many years experience do you have with platform/language/package X?
~40 overall as an IT worker in 2015. As of mid 2012, 25 C and its dialects, 22 relational database, 17 Linux, ~13 web apps, 12 Java, 2 mobile, etc.
- How about references?
Click thru to DIY or email me for those in last 24 mos.
- How many interests/parties you can work with in paid work?
3. Me, the set of co-workers I'm joining in production, represented by a single interest, and the often implicit end consumer (market/ society / clients / customers) as third.
- On-Site Rate?
In practice since '06 done strictly remote and primarily fixed cost jobbing.
- Will you work without an advance?
Unless the job's smaller than my min piece rate, possibly, but generally need payment at time of delivery of any substantial intellectual property. I take it as a distinction between aspirational and real capital that money can freely change hands to engage my labor, and it's standard practice that it be half in a fixed cost job/deal, but I don't generally require that.
- Also check out what Noam Chomsky says about testing about mark 16:00, Bill Gates recent (2013-04) editorial in the NYT on testing, etc.
- Or the kind of person I want to be. I only had the latter day experience by being willing to join what I characterize as negative above.
- There's an appearance rate in the Rate Chart. Cam probably discount/bundle but obviously on-site rate higher than current real remote rate..