Use as much or as little of this as you like. The bell gets my attention best because in addition to making the same sound you hear if you press the doorbell, it causes a KDE pop-up on my main desktop. Get's my attention even if I have headphones on as long as I'm looking at a screen the KDE alert reaches.
Will be enchancing but what function there is now is solid (see TODO thread below). Root 18:39, 2 October 2011 (UTC)
Latency of connection
Any video stream should appear in a few seconds but lags of up to 10 have been observed and of course will lag the real-time of a phone call. The live video stream should not be off by more than a few seconds from the real-time of a phone call.
I'm currently using join.me for this from my Mac desktop which has 1400x1050 so or screen that size or larger is recommended. The main linux desktop, Windows Ultimate N, etc, are accessed from a VNC session on the Mac but it's the priced version which scales everything to the size of the Mac. The main linux desktop for example is currently 1920x1200. So 1280x1024 is probably not big enough.
The server name may be set to loopback (localhost/oflademo) if I've been working on the app, but can be changed back in the UI:
- server URL should always be: rtmp://daclips.meansofproduction.biz/<service> where <service> is either live or SOSample.
- (my/view) video stream name: rrjStream.
- (your/publish) video stream name: youStream where "you" can be replaced by your initials if you are not the first caller.
- follow instructions to the right of the publisher app, optionally connect audio if you dont want to use a phone call for voice.
Unique stream names are generated for callers other than me and the first which should be replaced by the convention above so other conferees can select in View. , it's normally up during North American biz hours and I'll usually respond unless I'm away from my desk/main desktop.
Other Flash from red5 here
If we are not conferencing see my flash and streaming media practice page, red5 is always up so see the oflademo there for canned video.
- Finish UI driven design (by 2011-10-10)
- set host field to you and use for chat user name
- increase chat width
- make the stream name youStream on the video Stream tab
- verify no hardcoded/practical limits on number of participants/streams, and conventions as drafted in whiteboard2.
- social (FB and twitter page integration with Cliu.
- mobile, (for sure) establish SMS traffic to Android and iPhone, (maybe) look at vid streaming with the G1 and 3G.
Stuff in place now as whiteboard is enough for practical use. #1 (whiteboard ← whiteboard2) will be done this week, the rest are related and I'd like to spend a longer time to do something that combines them all with other stuff I'm working on but by 1 December. Root 00:05, 3 October 2011 (UTC)