Use as much or as little of this as you like. The bell gets my attention best because in addition to making the same sound you hear if you press the doorbell, it causes a KDE pop-up on my main desktop. Get's my attention even if I have headphones on as long as I'm looking at a screen the KDE alert reaches.
Will be enchancing but what function there is now is solid (see TODO thread below). Root 18:39, 2 October 2011 (UTC)
- I've reenabled account creation, so if you'd like to comment here, make an account. Root 17:56, 7 October 2011 (UTC)
Latency of connection
Any video stream should appear in a few seconds but lags of up to 10 have been observed and of course will lag the real-time of a phone call. The live video stream should not be off by more than a few seconds from the real-time of a phone call.
I'm currently using join.me for this from my Mac desktop which has 1400x1050 so or screen that size or larger is recommended. The main linux desktop, Windows Ultimate N, etc, are accessed from a VNC session on the Mac but it's the priced version which scales everything to the size of the Mac. The main linux desktop for example is currently 1920x1200. So 1280x1024 is probably not big enough and 1400x1050 or larger matches my join me point.
The server name may be set to loopback (localhost/oflademo) if I've been working on the app, but can be changed back in the UI:
- server URL should always be: rtmp://daclips.meansofproduction.biz/<service> where <service> is either live or SOSample.
- (my/view) video stream name: rrjStream.
- (your/publish) video stream name: youStream where "you" can be replaced by your initials if you are not the first/only caller.
- follow instructions to the right of the publisher app, optionally connect audio if you dont want to use a phone call for voice.
Any North American biz hours fine and and I'll usually respond unless I'm away from my desk/main desktop.
Other Flash from red5 here
If we are not conferencing see my flash and streaming media practice page, red5 is always up so see the oflademo there for canned video.
A practice FB and Twitter app developed from core functionality on the obverse in October, 2011.
Add chat, setup basic UI driven design
- Build out from IOC of UI design of 2011-10-06
set username to you and use whatever's there at connect as chat user name increase chat width make the stream name youStream on the video Stream tab
- send bell on first connect, initials to conferees
- clear security issues with bell on Safari/Mac and make chat connect ring the bell, confirm Safari, IE, FF.
- Stream name should become a drop down populated as conferee initials received
- merge chat, video into WB, single UI/UX.
- mobile, (in 2011-10) establish SMS traffic to Android and iPhone, (just) look at vid streaming with the G1 and 3G.
- ∫ with Twitter + FB (α by 10-22)
- Facetime Whiteboard™
- as a Cliubook (by 11-05).
- get lag to 2s or less in general case
Stuff in place now as whiteboard is enough for practical use. Submission to App Store, early Nov. for GA of iOS part by 1 December. Root 01:39, 10 October 2011 (UTC)
Browser Coverage for this Page