Late 2017 Story
Where D can be Domain, distributed, dominion, just D, etc., as different aspects of the generalization are considered.
Current Design Intent
Explicit Design Goals
- Reuse of unmodified existing CMS, specifically these: Drupal, WordPress, mediawiki, ecore, and mezzanine.
- Mature apps are developed as literate artifacts in the WFL book metaphor.
- DCMS runs using the distributed-process family of haskell modules on MCP nodes.
- Apps start life in discrete subject CMSes (e.g. sameboats, the public market in drupal, the admin server in django/mezzanine), migrate into the larger context as the driving case of DCMS initial development.
Explicit Non Goals
- Work other than access controls on these CMSes: mediawiki,ecore
- Commercialization or use by others in any proximal stage of development, although it will be available and distributed with MCP.
DCMS is, as indicated in the older material below, a generalization of CMS. In this I have in mind a certain aesthetic which is hard to convey but one can refer to examples in historical systems. First is the AS/400 architecture in which the entire user filespace could be accessed as a relational store. The generic quality of apps in the MCP systems is a less clear but similar example. DCMS provides the reasoning support for finer level names than the domain name and is an umbrella term for all the support I provide for that.
Is a design concept of ai-integration.biz generalizing anything that could reasonably be construed to be a CMS:
- A framework in which arbitrary NixOS packages can form an integral aii.biz domain application.
- A designation or namestyle by which the derivations used in WFL/DCP are distinguised from their original distributions. In this, the form DCMS-<contentSpecifier> is used where the convention is that <contentSpecifier> will be one or two latin characters if a generic category of actual CMSes is being modeled, or a name if a specific one is.
- Example: DCMS-W would be the category of wiki CMSes but DCMS-wiki would be the mediawiki derivation ("EG") which you are working with now.
- DCMS-X is the special abstraction of DCMS realized in WFL/DCP as a dominion level subject, a concrete implementation of the LAMP abstraction based on our NixOS packages.